Burgundy
under one roof!

Château de Santenay

Built in the ninth, twelfth and sixteen centuries, The Château de Santenay is a majestic medieval building located on a hill of vineyards in the village of Santenay. It used to belong to Philippe le Hardi, son of the King of France Jean le Bon and the First Duke of Great Burgundy(1342-1404).

The domaine ‘Château de Santenay‘ has continued to diversify its production year after year while continuing to base itself on the traditional grapes from Burgundy: Pinot Noir for its red wines and Chardonnay for its white wines. 

The Château, covering approximately 96 hectares (240 acres) of vineyards, is one the most significant in Burgundy.
Most of the "Appellations Contrôlées" are represented in the estate.

Appellations

White Wine(s)
  • Mercurey
  • Saint Aubin "En Vesvau"
  • Bourgogne Hautes Côtes de Beaune "Clos de La Chaise Dieu" - Monopole
  • Santenay 1er Cru La Comme
Red Wine(s)
  • Mercurey
  • Bourgogne Hautes Côtes de Beaune "Clos de La Chaise Dieu" - Monopole
  • Santenay 1er Cru La Comme
  • Mercurey 1er Cru Les Puillets
  • Aloxe Corton "Brunettes et Planchots"
  • Beaune 1er Cru Clos du Roi
  • Pommard "Petit Clos"
>> Return

Medals

Guide Hachette 2014
Burgondia 2016
Guide Hachette 2017
Guide Hachette 2016
Concours Général Agricole de Paris 2016
Guide Hachette 2015
Concours des Grands Vins de France à Mâcon 2015